Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 1 w/ the gDiaper


This afternoon I got my diapers.com box with my gDiapers starter kit!
It includes 2 cloth outer diapers, 3 plastic liners and 10 flushable
inserts as well as a getting started kit.
Kayden was not too sure about the feel of the diapers and tugged on them
for a few minutes but soon forgot all about them.
Change #1 was pee only and made for a simple flush.
Change #2 was.... #2 and filled the plastic liner but did not spill over onto
the cloth. As soon as I finished the change I double flushed(wipes and filler first, outer material second). They include a swisher stick with a hook(for the side of the
toilet) that breaks up the material so it flushes easier.
Then came the washing of the plastic liner, which I just washed with anti-
bacterial soap and hung up in the shower. You can wash these in the
washer but since I only have 3, I didnt want to wait for a wash.
All of this took 1-2 minutes. Very simple.
Change #3 was poo as well and I followed the procedure
above again and it went even faster.

For overnight, at least until I get more used to how much these
babies can handle, he will be sleeping in our leftover disposables.
So far, I am enjoying the gDiapers. I love that I dont have to empty the trash every day
and that dont get a horrible whiff of poop every time I throw something away.

No comments:

Post a Comment